A User Collection is your personal selection on the Macat platform. This is where you can save a series of books. Your collection can have books from the same author or books sharing a same topic of interest. This is particularly useful if you want to cross-reference analyses, prepare for a course, or add materials to your academic research.
Make the most of User Collections
- Cross-reference analyses, prepare for a course, or add materials to your academic research.
- Share your User Collection with your book club, with your friends, and work colleagues.
This is how you create a User Collection
- Search for a book, an author, or a subject of interest.
- From the search results, select a book.
- When you are on a book homepage, select "Add book to a collection" from the vertical navigation bar on the right end section of the page.
- You can add the book to an existing collection or a new collection.
- If it’s a new collection, name the collection (for example "aristotle’s books", "leadership"...)
- Add a description about the collection. This is optional, but it will help you or your viewers relate to the books you have added.
- You can repeat the process to add new books to this new collection or existing ones.
How to keep the collection private, and why to consider making it public
- Your new User Collection will be set as private per default.
- We recommend you to make your User Collection public so a wider audience of students, teachers, and individuals could benefit from your well-put-together collection of analyses and books. Likewise, you can enjoy browsing through other public User Collections.
Here is how you can access your collections
- From the Macat navigation page, select "Collections" and then select "User Collections."
- Alternatively, you can access your collections from your grid menu.